This charter explains how we will help you come up with your own plan and sets out what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
- To give you the knowledge, support and encouragement required in order that you are empowered to take more control of your situation.
- To understand your individual circumstances so that we can share information with you about free advice and support you could access that is relevant to your circumstances and that may help you.
- To share information with you on how you can better manage your account with the company that has asked us to contact you. This may include ways to make it easier or quicker to manage your account, ways to access extra help you might be eligible for and ways to reduce future bills or payments.
- To help you come up with your own plan: simple steps that might make a big difference to some of the challenges you face.
- To help you demonstrate to any businesses that you owe money to that you are taking reasonable steps that may improve your ability to pay them. In doing so this may prevent all your overdue bills being sent to a debt collection agency.
Our commitment to you:
- We will take an empathetic approach and be patient when listening to you.
- We will never judge you, your situation or anything you share with us.
- We will take time to clearly explain some options and their benefits so that you can decide which course of action is best for you.
- We will not give you advice or insist you do anything you do not want to do.
- We will never ask you for payment nor can we accept your payment.
- We will always respect your choice. This includes whether you would like to speak directly with the company that has asked us to contact you (e.g. after we have discussed the support they have available to people in similar circumstances to yours, and where we may ask if you would like to speak with them).
- We will use your feedback to improve our service to future customers.
What we ask in return:
- You will be open and honest with us.
- You will treat our people with respect.
- You will be open to receiving our support, encouragement and information.
- You will try your best to stick to any plan that we have helped you come up with.
If you feel we have let you down:
- We always hope to get things right first time. However, if we have let you down then please let us know so we can put it right.
- If you would like to make a complaint then please visit our complaints page